Punjabi Translation Services
Widely spoken throughout Pakistan and large parts of India, Punjabi is the tenth most commonly spoken language in the world. Incredibly, it’s also the third most spoken language in Canada (after English and French)!
Despite its prevalence, Punjabi is a complex tonal language that can be written using multiple scripts or writing systems (known as digraphia). With many regional dialects that reflect significant geographical and cultural variations, it’s a language that must be translated with great skill and sensitivity.
At CanTalk, we’re committed to working with highly trained Punjabi interpreters and translators whose mastery of both Punjabi and English makes for seamless communications. Whether you’re partnering on a research project, expanding into new marketplaces, or working with immigrant communities, our immediate language provision services can become the catalyst for the accurate and meaningful connections you’re seeking.
Who We Are
With more than 25 years of leadership in the language services industry, CanTalk is a fully integrated “Immediate” and real time language service provider with a global reputation for excellence. We work with an exceptional team of interpreters and translators to provide language services in more than 200 languages 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year access to language specialists is quick and seamless. Located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, our state-of-the-art language service technologies have garnered us recognition both nationally and internationally.
With a closed-loop technology and internal server infrastructure, CanTalk maintains total control of its clients’ data . This alone contributes to mitigation of potential data intrusion. Unlike many other language service providers, we do not rely on third-party outsourcers.
When it comes to Punjabi translation and localization services, CanTalk’s Punjabi translators are proficient in a wide range of dialects. Their work is regularly vetted for accuracy, and they must meet stringent standards and commit to professional development on an ongoing basis. Tell us about your Punjabi language translation project(s), and we’ll connect you with a superior translator or translators.
Our Services & Expertise
CanTalk offers a comprehensive selection of language services. Don’t see exactly what you’re looking for? Contact us directly, and we’ll collaborate with you to develop a custom solution for your needs. Our most popular language services include:
- Immediate Over-the-Phone Interpretation
- Remote Video Interpretation
- Written Translation Services
- Remote Learning
- Multilingual Call Centre Services
Pricing & Turnaround Time
Every client and project is unique, which is why we customize our pricing accordingly. Contact us directly to receive an estimate for your Punjabi language needs.
Many of our interpretive services can be accessed in under one minute, while translation services may take anywhere from a few hours to a few days. No matter what, CanTalk will always provide the most timely services possible under the circumstances.
- Legal – CanTalk’s Punjabi translators are adept at navigating legal work—from courtroom settings to legal documents, appointments, and more.
- Financial – Statements, reports, presentations, and communications can all be handled skillfully.
- Life Sciences – From academic research to industries such as pharmaceuticals and medical technology, having Punjabi language services at your fingertips will enhance collaboration.
- Entertainment – Punjabi voice-overs, subtitling, script translation, live interpretation, and more can help you expand to new audiences.
- Business – Trust CanTalk’s Punjabi translators to handle document translation, written communications, face-to-face meetings, conferences, etc.
- Hospitality & Travel – Reach a wider market with brochures, videos, audio tours, and promotional information translated into Punjabi.
- Government – From immigration services to diplomacy, hiring, and website development, CanTalk’s Punjabi translators are experienced in working with governments and government agencies.
- And many more…..
Contact CanTalk in Winnipeg today to discover how our professional Punjabi translation and localization services can broaden your horizons!
Punjabi Translation Tips
Be Aware of Multiple Scripts
Punjabi can be written in multiple scripts. The two most common are the Shahmukhi script (which is common in Pakistan and amongst the Punjabi Muslim population) and Gurmukhi script (which is favoured by Sikhs and Hindus as well as used in official Indian communications, schools, and media). A professional Punjabi translator can help you determine which script will be appropriate for your specific purposes.
Typesetting and font selection must also be handled with expertise when translating from English to Punjabi. The vertical requirements associated with Punjabi scripts may impact design and formatting templates, while some Punjabi fonts may include characters that have no meaning. A skilled Punjabi translator will be able to help you navigate these types of issues.
Punjabi Language Facts
- With more than 113 million native speakers, Punjabi is the tenth most commonly spoken language on the planet. It’s the official language of India’s Punjab State and is widely spoken throughout Pakistan as well.
- Punjabi is a tonal language. It uses mid, high, and low tones to communicate different meanings for the same word or phrase.
- Punjabi takes its name from the state of Punjab, which literally means The Land of Five Rivers.
- After English and French, Punjabi is the most spoken language in Canada. Hockey Night in Canada is currently available in Punjabi!
With millions of speakers spread across a culturally diverse and large geographical area, it’s not surprising that Punjabi dialects are numerous. Due to the complexities of distinguishing between regional versions of Punjabi, the exact number of dialects is difficult to determine, but most estimates range between 25 and 35. The majority of Punjabi dialects are mutually intelligible but vary widely according to specific regions and locations. When hiring Punjabi translation services, regional dialects are a paramount consideration.
Countries Where Punjabi Is Spoken
Punjabi is primarily spoken in India and Pakistan. However, there are also sizable Punjabi-speaking communities in Canada, the U.S., the U.K., Australia, and many other countries.
Punjabi originated from Prakit languages and was later influenced by Sanskrit. By the 10th century, it stabilized in its own right but continued to evolve with Persian, Arabic, and even Portuguese, English, and Greek influences over time. Today, Punjabi is one of India’s 22 officially recognized languages.