Korean Translation Services
Did you know that Korean is widely considered the largest isolate language on the planet? This means that it’s unique and not closely related to any other language family. Spoken by approximately 80 million people worldwide, it’s a language with six levels of formality (known as honorifics), an elegantly written script, and a range of dialects spoken throughout North Korea, South Korea, and parts of China.
Korean is drastically different from English, and its nuances can easily be overlooked or misinterpreted. This is why it is absolutely crucial to work with an experienced professional translator or interpreter who is proficient in both English and Korean when hiring Korean language services.
At CanTalk, our pool of highly trained Korean language translators is familiar with a wide range of Korean dialects and can expertly localize your message to reflect culturally appropriate touchpoints, phrasing, and even humour. Tell us about your Korean language project, and we’ll help you bring it to life with the utmost nuance, precision, and attention to detail.
Who We Are
CanTalk is a leading language service centre located in Winnipeg, Manitoba’s historic Exchange District. For more than 25 years, we’ve been providing fully integrated language services and are on the cutting edge of localization and customization for regional demographics and multi-ethnic market bases. CanTalk offers immediate services in 220+ languages, including Korean, around the clock, 365 days a year. We pride ourselves on a secure and solid technology backbone and rigorous data security provisions to connect language specialists and customers.
CanTalk provides language services for some of the world’s most recognized companies and is well-versed in the fast-paced demands and expectations that define our industry. Our Korean language translators and interpreters meet the highest professional standards. Each one has demonstrated their language expertise many times over. On top of that, their work is regularly vetted by our quality assurance team.
Our Services & Expertise
CanTalk offers a wide range of language services that can be combined and customized to ensure customer satisfaction. Our most popular offerings include:
- Immediate Over-the-Phone Interpretation
- Text Translation Services
- VRI Services
- Multilingual Call Centre Services
- Business Travel language and Cultural Support
- In-Person Interpretation
- …and more!
Pricing & Turnaround Time
At CanTalk we operate under the belief that every single translation project is unique. Therefore, we don’t guarantee standardized pricing or turnaround times until we’ve spoken with you directly about the scope and requirements of your project.
That being said, our pricing and turnaround times are highly competitive. We encourage you to contact us directly for more information!
- Legal – CanTalk’s team of professional Korean translators includes many with legal language expertise. From legal documents to court proceedings, they are up to the task.
- Medical – When health issues are at stake or an emergency occurs, you want to be able to access high-quality language services with immediacy. CanTalk can help.
- Financial – Financial presentations, reports, and document translations can all be handled with expediency by CanTalk’s qualified team of Korean language specialists. Looking for an in-person interpreter for an important meeting or conference? We can connect you.
- Life Sciences – From pharmaceuticals to academic research, biomedical technology and more, CanTalk’s Korean translation services can help you communicate and expand your reach and collaboration within the life science industries.
- Entertainment – Reach new audiences with Korean language subtitles, voice-overs, script translations, and live interpretive services.
- Business – From document translation to meetings, partnerships agreements, or the welcoming of important guests, CanTalk’s Korean language services can break down language barriers and help you move ahead with your most important business-related goals.
- Hospitality & Travel – Make your hospitality or travel-based business accessible to the Korean-speaking market with high-quality text and voice translation services. Consider brochures, audio tours, signage, website design, and more!
- Government – CanTalk has worked with governments and government agencies around the globe on diverse projects ranging from hiring to relocation services, immigration, diplomacy, public communications, and more.
For Korean translation services that will have you communicating effectively no matter the scope or specifications of your vision, contact CanTalk immediately. We’ll have you talking in no time!
Korean Translation Tips
Translation Text Contraction
When translating text from English to Korean, be aware that it will contract (shrink) by about 15% on average. While this is not necessarily a major issue, it’s important to take into consideration in applications where formatting is key. The opposite is also true. Korean to English text translations will expand in the translation process.
Informal Vs. Formal Speech
Korean has six different levels of formal speech (known as honorifics) and one level of informal speech. A proficient Korean translator will know which level of formality will be appropriate for a translation assignment based on its context and intended audience. Be sure to provide your translator with enough information so that they can tailor the language appropriately.
Popular Korean Translation Words & Phrases
- 안녕하세요 (annyeonghaseyo) = Hello
- 안녕히 계세요 (an-nyeong-hi-gye-se-yo) = Goodbye
- 네 (ne) = Yes
- 아니오 (a-ni-yo) = No
- 주세요 (juseyo) = Please
- 감사합니다 (gam-sa-ham-ni-da) = Thank You
- 천만에요 (cheon-man-e-yo) = You’re Welcome
- 실례합니다 (sil-lye-ham-ni-da) = Excuse Me
- 미안합니다 (mi-an-ham-ni-da) = Sorry
Korean Language Facts
- The Korean language is the 20th most prevalent language on the planet and is spoken by approximately 80 million people worldwide. It’s the official language of the Korean Peninsula and is also spoken as a minority language in some regions of China as well as by members of the Korean diaspora around the globe.
- Like English, Korean is a language without grammatical gender. In other words, nouns and their descriptors are not male or female but simply neutral.
- In Korea, there is a special holiday that celebrates the development of the Korean alphabet every year on October 9th. The Korean script is known as Hangul and is one of the most straightforward alphabets in the world.
- Korean may be a language isolate. This means that linguists widely believe that Korean is not closely related to any other language family (with the exception of Jeju, a secondary Koreanic language spoken in South Korea).
- In Korean, there are two different counting systems, six levels of formality (known as honorifics), and verbs are always placed at the end of sentences.
Varieties & Dialects
The standard language in both North Korea and South Korea is based on the Seoul Korean dialect, and there are distinct differences in grammar, vocabulary, and pronunciation. Other regional Korean dialects include Hamgyong, Pyongan, Jeolla, and Gyeongsang. They’re generally mutually intelligible as well.
Jeju, a Koreanic language spoken in regions of South Korea, was once considered a Korean dialect but has more recently been classified as its own language since it isn’t mutually intelligible with other Korean dialects.
If you’re looking for superior Korean translation services that will allow you to remove language barriers and communicate with fluency and precision, CanTalk can help. Contact us today!