INTERPRETATION OVER THE PHONE
As its core language service for over 20 years, CanTalk can quickly and effectively implement immediate interpretation over the phone linking to its network of interpreters across Canada and the United States as well as in-house resources.
With all under the same roof, in-house telcom and technical know-how and continual advances, it continues to excel in this service provision.
- 200+ languages, including First Nations and Aboriginal languages
- Standard service levels of a minute and less connect time
- 2000+ professional and accredited interpreters with full fluency in native language
- Interpreters can be country specific upon request
- Fully vetted for criminal backgrounds and drug tested where applicable
- Broad interpretation experience across many business disciplines
- Rigorous recruiting standards, ongoing testing and training
EASY TO USE
Dial the provided toll free number
A dedicated or shared toll free number will be provided to you when you on-board with CanTalk
Provide your 4 digit CIN
Provide the 4 digit CIN number that was assigned to your business or department
Request your language
Request your required language from the language facilitator
Now You're Talking
Start your conversation
MULTIPLE BUSINESS MODELS AVAILABLE
Need an easy to use, rapid deployed language service solution? CanTalk's standard model was designed specifically for this task. Once your business has been on-boarded, with a single toll free phone call, you have access to over 2000 interpreters, spanning over 200 languages, most within 60 seconds or less.
DIRECT TO INTERPRETER MODEL
CanTalk recognizes that no single solution fits every customer the same way. CanTalk's Direct to Interpreter model allows your customers to contact one of our professional interpreters directly as a first point of contact. The CanTalk interpreter can then bring a representative from your business online.
MULTIPLE SERVICE TYPES AVAILABLE
A CANTALK INTERPRETER IS AVAILABLE WITHIN 15 TO 75 SECONDS
INTERPRETATION CALLS ARE BOOKED 2 HOURS TO 2 WEEKS IN ADVANCE
IN LANGUAGE CUSTOMER SERVICE
CUSTOMIZED SERVICES PROVIDED IN-LANGUAGE
Immediate over-the-phone (IOP)
CanTalk provides quick connect features to clients and Interpreters in the languages specified by the client. These languages are selected from the 200 plus languages that CanTalk offers.
For calls within North America, for example, a customized toll free telephone number is used to access CanTalk language services. When a client requires language assistance, the toll free number is called. The request is received by a CanTalk agent, who conferences an Interpreter directly to the client.
With the CanTalk Client Identification Number (CIN) system, language service calls can be tracked:
- by region.
- individual sites.
- customer usage.
Not only can a client’s customer call be directly received and tracked, language requirements may also be serviced in an audio conference mode. Calls may be directed through the CanTalk language service centre or through the existing toll free number, terminating at the CanTalk contact centre.
Special inbound and outbound links can be set up to handle the calls requiring language services in a seamless as well as branded manner.
The most economically rated service, pre-booked service can be used for all those situations where the need for language service is known in advance.
IN LANGUAGE CUSTOMER SERVICES
Through this service offering, CanTalk provides the full customer service experience, branded or not – as per client direction. This means that CanTalk clients have access to CanTalk’s complete customized service provision – customer service, order taking, tech support to name, but a few of the services – all of which can be completed in English, or any language or group of languages as determined by the client. It is also very important to note that the initial package of services and languages which is chosen by the client can evolve as the business and language requirements change, so too, can the services provided.
CanTalk’s Language Service Specialists are trained to respond to all customer service situations as required by the client. The Language Service Specialist gathers all relevant information and responds as trained/scripted.
ROLE OF THE INTERPRETER
- The role of the over-the-phone language Interpreter is that of an impartial participant who interprets original speech – passing that information in the appropriate language between two parties – ensuring that both parties are provided with the specific information offered by the other party in the appropriate language.
- Interpreters are not to volunteer information (offering opinions or providing suggestions) to anyone during the interpretation process. They are also not to summarize, paraphrase or condense in a way that changes the meaning of the original text.
- Interpreting to the best of the Interpreter’s ability may also mean interrupting the speaker, if the speaker has spoken past a period of time the Interpreter believes is beyond what he/she can accurately remember and faithfully render. Note taking is encouraged to ensure accuracy. To maintain confidentiality, the Interpreter destroys his/her notes following the completion of the interpretation, unless there is an indication from the client that the interpreter will be asked to participate in a follow-up call.
- The call should conclude with both parties having received information in the language which they individually comprehend, in a manner which is professional and excels at customer service delivery.
- Interpreters are the vehicles of communication, not the source of information. They interpret the words they are asked to interpret, and ensure that the original source message is faithfully rendered into the target language.
To achieve communication excellence the Interpreter must possess the following skills:
- Native language proficiency.
- Mastery of English skills.
- Certification/accreditation and areas of specialization.
- Professional letters of commendation.
- Listening skills.
- Professional mannerisms.
- Exemplary customer service skills.
- Adherence to Code of Ethics and Non-Disclosure.